Stainless Steel Fibre
As we know, stainless steel has become a common element in our everyday lives and Stainless Steel Fibre is widely used in Refractory low cement castable and lance tubes all over the world. Stainless Steel Fibres are made in different shapes and cut lengths to suit the customer application. These Fibres are fabricated of modern specialty steel; it is also made by the “drawing process” under a strict environment and goes through quality checks at regular intervals to ensure that the best product reaches the customer site. The prominent quality of the Stainless Steel Fibre reinforced refractory castables are very resistant to the tendency of the material to crumble on thermal cycling. As the Stainless Steel Fibres greatly improve the flexural strength of the castable, the fibres generally used are in size varying between 0.1 to 0.5 mm in diameter and 20-40 mm in length. Stainless Steel fibres also increase the energy absorption capability, simultaneously increasing the ductility that contributes significantly to the thermal shock and spalling resistance of the material. It can also have the capacity to prevent cracks as these fibres are used to decrease the drawbacks related to the drying out of castable.
|Grade||Chromium%||Nickel%||Oxidation Resistance °C|
Benefits of Stainless Steel Fibre
- High Thermal Cycling: This is one of the desirable benefits of Stainless Steel Fibre due to the capability of thermal resistance, so it can handle the stress
- Effortless assimilation makes the process easier-One of the significant advantages of the Stainless Steel Fibre is it is quite handy and can blend well without difficulty.
- Extends the lifespan of refractory and concrete -It is another critical benefit of Stainless Steel Fibre, as it boosts the properties of the refractory and concrete and reduces crack while ensuring safety.
- Economical and pocket friendly-Though, Stainless Steel Fibres are not cheap, it maximises the life of castables thus promising in the engineering and construction industry.
- Continuous Fibre Soaking Temperature up to 1250 Degree Celsius -Stainless Steel Fibres has the potential to provide superior resistance power at extreme temperature. It holds the capacity of continuous Fibre Soaking Temperature up to 1250 Degree Celsius.
- Checks corrosion-The presence of Stainless Steel Fibre act as a barrier against corrosion and endowed with great corrosion resistance capacity.
- Stainless Steel Fibre is noted for its consistency. The uniform performance at every temperature makes it more industry-friendly.
- Mitigate Chemical Corrosion in Concrete: The addition of Stainless Steel Fibre reinforced the concrete, subsequently decreases the corrosion.
- High Mechanical Shock: The addition of Stainless Steel Fibre elevates and gives High Mechanical Shock of Stainless Steel Fibre turns it suitable for structural applications.